Monday, August 4, 2008

Well we are home and trying to get settled into a new routine.  Andrew is having a rough time getting on a sleeping schedule.  Last night was his best night yet, but he still gets up for an hour to an hour and a half every night and manages to wake up rather early.  I hope in a couple of weeks we are able to get more of a routine going, but we'll see.
Andrew continues to make good strides in development.  He seems to be getting a lot stronger, as he pulls himself up much more quickly and assertively.
Andrew has his first doctors appointment today.  This will be his first outing since returning home.  As a newly adopted child, we have been educated to keep Andrew's world real small right now, and let him slowly get used to us and his new home.  It can be quite a bit for an adopted child to absorb all of this new information.  Of course, I am hoping that I can also learn to keep my world smaller :).  We are adjusting well, all things considered.  It is quite a change - I forgot how much of a change this can all be.  Thanks for all of your prayers, and I promise to post pictures once I manage to take some :).

Christa

No comments: