Friday, August 8, 2008

From Sebastian the Cat

P.S.  Picture of Andrew below...



This is me, Sebastian.  I haven't posted yet, so I feel it is time.  It has been one week since the little human has arrived home.  He is a curious fellow, showing a proclivity to move about on all fours.  His verbal skills are somewhat lacking, as he is restricted to the word "bah" quite a bit.  And when my less refined younger sister Gracie sat next to him, this young human tried to use her as a prop to stand up with.  Sigh.  I suppose I must train him.  He must learn the purpose of the human.  Which is, of course, to feed us, provide us a rather large bed with a suitable duvet cover, and of course pet us when we request such interaction.  Doing this will interrupt my already rather full schedule, consisting of waking up, eating, going outside, rolling around in the dirt (a habit reserved for lesser cats, but a weakness I must admit), eating some more, calling on the neighbors, eating some of the neighbor's food, oh, and sleeping every 2 to 3 hours.  Training isn't always easy, but it reaps dividends, as evidenced by the 2 adult humans that do a suitable job catering to my needs.  I must depart to devise my action plan for training the little human.  Farewell.

Fondly,

Sebastian the Cat



Okay it is me again (Christa).  We are doing well.  Andrew seems to be getting so much stronger every day.  His balance is improving as well, and I believe it won't be too much longer before he is walking.  Sleep continues to be the major issue.  We are learning a lot about Andrew and ourselves as we continue to try to get Andrew enough rest.  He loves waking up at 3 or 4, and he is ready to rumble - for an hour and a half.  I feel like his internal clock is still not set on East coast time.  He really resists going back to sleep, so I am trying a lot of soothing techniques and am trying not to stimulate him too much when he does get up.  I hope that he does begin sleeping better.  I can tell he gets tired a bit easier during the day, and I feel once we get the sleep thing worked out, he will be much more energetic.  Thanks for your prayers in the sleep department.
Andrew continues to amaze me with his curiosity, his playfulness, and his adaptiveness.  Bath time is now a favorite, and it is amazing how much splashing a 13 month old can do.  I will post more later, just thought I'd do a quick update as Andrew is taking a needed nap and I am not taking one with him, which I should be doing...

Christa 

1 comment:

Tiger & Kar said...

Hi Sebastian! Your plan to train the little human sounds absolutely purrfect! If you don't mind sharing your training schedule with us other felines also subjected to new toddlers in our homes, we'd appreciate it.

Oh, and about your rolling in the dirt habit. I may not have posted such behavior publicly but not that you've opened that can of worms, perhaps we can come out of the closet and admit to the same. After all, we're 13 years old. Grumpy old kitties we are so we deserve a good dirt roll on occasion!

Ivan & Pogo
served by our humans: Kar, Tiger & human in trainig Ilya