Monday, August 4, 2008

A day of firsts...

Today Andrew had his first Cheerio.  He liked them.  We will try more tomorrow.  He also had his first real bath, where he sat in his baby bathtub and splashed and played in the water.  It was really fun to see him play.  Of course, his parents were exhausted after returning from his doctors appointment.  Andrew cried more than we had ever seen him cry before.  But he was tired and it is never fun getting blood drawn.  Overall, we had a good doctors appointment.  There are a few follow ups, but nothing serious in nature.  
I just thought I'd do a quick post, as we hit the Cheerio and bathtub milestone today.   I hope to post more pictures of our Russia trip later this week.  

Christa

3 comments:

Spiritual Pulse said...

Hi Christa,
So good to hear about Andrew loving Cheerios. What a wonderful accomplishment towards solid food. Glad to read you are doing well, although I know how exhausted you and Vernon are right now. I remember telling Devon and Ashley often that it is so hard being a baby...and it is hard being a mommy and daddy too!!! Lots of love to you. I miss you tons!
Give Andrew a squeeze for me (and a hug to the kitties too). :-)
Carson

Carol said...

Aren't the first great! It is so amazing to watch the wonder and excitement in their little faces. Keep them coming!

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Sounds like things are going great! I'm sure you're thrilled to be home. Since you didn't post about the flight, we hope that means it was uneventful!

It was great meeting you guys in Moscow. Keep in touch.