Sunday, September 14, 2008

Andrew's Helmet


Andrew, both an aspiring athlete and musician...



Here is Andrew, ready for college football:

As I mentioned in our last post, Andrew got his helmet 2 weeks ago.  He is adjusting to it well.  We still have to tweak the shape of the helmet a little, as it falls down too close to his left eye.  It's a bit difficult trying to make meaningful eye contact when the helmet is so close to the eye, so we will try to get the helmet corrected this week.  Andrew will probably have to wear the helmet until sometime in December, which all things considered isn't too long, although I will be glad when it comes off - snuggling with him can be a bit difficult with a helmet.  The goal is to correct his head shape a little.  He has quite a flat head in the back.  I didn't even realize it too much until I saw a picture of him recently.  So we are hopeful that the helmet will make things a bit better, although I completely love him regardless of the outcome.

This week saw Andrew's first cold and first injury.  He had the sniffles for the past few days and today he injured his upper gum while standing in his crib.  It was a bit of a difficult day for us both, but it ended well with a fun bath time and a fun Baby Einstein 'calm down' time.  I have to learn not to get too anxious about everything.  Sometimes I still get 'worst case scenario' in my mind.  I have to balance that out a bit.  But we have only been home 6 weeks.  Andrew certainly is gaining weight and getting bigger and stronger.  He loves to climb the stairs with increasing regularity.  He also is starting to enjoy my reading to him, although right now I am just trying to get him in the habit of sitting and letting him hear my voice.   He isn't exactly picking out books for me to read to him quite yet :).

This week we will have a visit from my sister in law Kristen and my niece Audrey.  We are certainly looking forward to this visit.  We also have to take Sebastian the Cat to the vet, as I think he will need minor surgery.  So, we should have a busy week!  

2 comments:

Terri and Fam said...

Krista,

I understand the way your thoughts immediately go towards the worst when something is wrong with our children. It has been something I struggled with since loosing Corbin. We have a great pediatrician that has helped us through this time.

In the pictures Andrew is so relaxed and at home. It is because of your love and GREAT job being his Mom! Andrew is so blessed and will soon be telling you so. You and Vernon are the best parents and we are so thankful for God placing Andrew in your arms.

Carol said...

He makes a handsome star athlete and world class musician. He looks so happy and content, you must be doing something right! I am avidly following along on your journey.