Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 2 in St. Petersburg...

Well, we are exploring the Hermitage today. I decided to do the audio tour as well, but didn't realize that Vernon would hit the button for each and every exhibit and painting and listen to every detail. So, I am on the internet at the cafeteria at the Hermitage, my brain completely maxed out on information.
Our hotel has breakfast, so we aren't having to snack on pop tarts and cereal bars, that will by the way be banned from our house when we return. The sight might just turn my stomach.
St. Petersburg is very nice. We have 3 and 1/2 more days to visit, so we should know the town quite well.
We even found a 24 hour bookstore near our hotel. As you may know Vernon reads books only in Spanish and managed to find 2 more books out of his Spanish author's series to read at this bookstore. I bought some children's books (for very young children, in Russian, of course) to give to the baby home when we return.
So, that is it for right now. I am hoping there is enough time left for this to post. Will update in detail later (with pictures)!

Christa and Vernon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, you know I am just waiting for all the info of your trip. Looking forward to picures.

Unknown said...

Ok, time for an update.